With a vast array of social networking platforms, do businesses really need a blog section on their website anymore?
Short answer: You don’t need it to exist but it certainly increases your search engine ranking.
The higher your ranking, the more traffic you are likely to generate. As anyone in business knows, more traffic means more purchases. A blog for your website is a great way to improve SEO.
Benefits of a Blog for a Business’s Website:
- A blog should consistently add new content to your website. This bodes well in the eyes of Google since your information is more likely to be up to date and correct. Constantly changing your homepage isn’t practical. Having a blog is a great way to add current material while giving your ranking a boost.
- People reading your blog posts are likely to stick around longer. A post shouldn’t take more than a few minutes to read. That extra time reading on your site reduces your bounce rate. The longer someone visits your site, the better it is for your ranking.
- Posts can provide information that’s helpful to your customers. They’re also an opportunity to point them in the direction of a product or service that you provide. Linking to your other pages will increase your SEO while providing another opportunity for a customer to make a purchase.
- Assuming your blog posts provide beneficial content (and they should), it’s possible that other websites may reference your post as a source of valid information in your field. Search engine algorithms favor sites with these external links. Once again, this will increase your website’s ranking.
- Beyond the potential for SEO (which is an excellent marketing tool), a blog can help you connect with your customers on a more personal level. If there is a question that you’re being asked on a regular basis, why not have a blog post about it? Customers are then able to comment and ask further questions. A great post on a pertinent topic may even get shared with others on social media, extending your business’s exposure (for no additional cost).
Your blog should have content that is well written and relevant to your business. If you don’t have the time, or the desire, to write the pieces yourself, why not hire a content writer to do it for you? You bring the ideas and I’ll help you put them to good use.